Friday, April 22, 2011

Good Friday

This is my first Good Friday (and Easter, I suppose) since becoming an official, card-carrying, learned-the-secret-handshake, CHRISTIAN. I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do, but I am going to pop into church after I drop my kids at kindergarten and partake in some of the Jesus stuff they've got going on. I've been pleasantly surprised by how easy it is to worship the Lord and feel a sense of community at my church. Say what you want to about the whole Hipster Christian Movement, but it's worlds apart from the churches I was dragged to as a child. The judgmental, snooty dickbags who left such a bad taste in my mouth for decades and who give Christianity a bad name are nowhere to be found. In fact, there's nothing but love - I've felt completely accepted, appreciated, and welcomed at my church - even as a mom of a noisy, misunderstood child whose special needs are often mistaken for chronic brattiness. It's a beautiful thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment